Why control locks dont stop criminals

Got a good story? Tell it here.
phugoyd

Why control locks dont stop criminals

Postby phugoyd » Tue Jul 20 2010, 01:20

Do you really think that control locks would have stopped these guys, with a stolen helicopter they robbed this place. Im sure they would have arrived at the airfield prepared with a bolt cutter or oxy torch if need be.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/video/2010/07/20/2958533.htm
Capt Hollywood
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: Why control locks dont stop criminals

Postby Capt Hollywood » Tue Jul 20 2010, 04:42

Have I told you about the time I had to collect an EC120 at Brisbane airport for a friend and drop it off for a service. I turned up at the airport and discovered I'd left my ASIC in my usual aircraft. When the security people asked me if I had any other ID I realised I'd left my wallet in my car. So there I am at an international airport, with no ASIC or ID of any kind, wanting to gain access to the GA parking area and take a helicopter away. The aircraft in question, in accordance with the rules and regs, was also locked and had a BIG padlock on the pedals. I should mention at this point that I was also carrying a huge pair of boltcutters as the the key to the padlock was in my colleagues pocket somewhere in Canada! In the end I just wrote my name and address down on a piece of paper, cut off the padlock, and flew away into the sunset!

I suppose it seemed fairly improbable that someone would invent a story like that!
droptmcguts
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby droptmcguts » Tue Jul 20 2010, 05:04

Yes and the authorities have been looking for you ever since :roll: :wink: :shock:
Men have only 2 emotional states, hungry and horny.. So ladies, if you see me without an erection, make me a sandwich.
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Tue Jul 20 2010, 13:28

It’s the Australian way. Cause inconvenience, cost money, reduce safety and achieve nothing. But at least “they” are “doing something”.

Case in point : Fence CDR aerodrome: Access for users reduced (find a gate that works). Costs a fortune for miles of fence/gates. Reduced overshoot (already hit by fixed wing I believe). The Same amount of terrorist attacks as before.....

Can you imagine an “evil doer” having everything in place for the next “evil act” and being foiled by a weldmesh fence, or a padlock – It’s a sad joke, implemented by morons that have no business making decisions that affect others.

Sky "Qualified Pilot, fuel, plan, willingness to kill anyone in the way, oops no bolt cutters" Pig :roll: :roll:

Return to “There I was...”