What's wrong with this picture?

Got a good story? Tell it here.
Baby Back Ribs
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

What's wrong with this picture?

Postby Baby Back Ribs » Tue Feb 16 2010, 06:36

Saw this in the shop the other day, had to look twice, armed Robbie anyone ?!
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Re: What's wrong with this picture?

Postby black duck » Tue Feb 16 2010, 07:11

It's quite simple, the rocket should be standing still and the robbie going backwards at mach 1.5 :D
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
littlerob84
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby littlerob84 » Tue Feb 16 2010, 08:46

I've actually read this book (and a few others by the same author, there not bad if you want some trashy action) and the author has done just enough research on the R44 and helicopters in general to make himself look like a bit of a tool (A little bit of knowledge can be very dangerous) not only does the pilot fly this beast from the left hand side SOLO (it tells you this in the book), the engineer has done more mods than simply adding guns and rockets to it, he has also moved the tail rotor on to the opposite side according to the picture!! Aside from all this the helicopter is owned by "The Corporation" which is a multi-billion dollar organisation with all the bleeding edge technology and the “best of the best” personal all handpicked by the directors. The helicopter is stored deep in the bowls of the ship they operate from (that is made to appear like an old rundown freighter) which is capable of going some ridicules speed due to some super secret technology that no one else has got or knows of. Despite all this they can only afford a R44 (I’m guessing it’s only a Raven I or II as they couldn’t afford to put floats on it). Oc:=

LR
pohm1
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby pohm1 » Tue Feb 16 2010, 08:53

Its a novel. :roll:

P1
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Tue Feb 16 2010, 11:38

trashy action

Got that right. If my fallible memory serves. One of Clives many novels details the pilot leaving the controls in the hover to operate the winch. Still, I guess some novels have flying brooms, and even competent, caring politicians....

SP 8)
Uncle Chop Chop
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Uncle Chop Chop » Wed Feb 17 2010, 02:24

One of Clives many novels details the pilot leaving the controls in the hover to operate the winch

not only has the 44 got a offensive capability but it has auto pilot as well, nice one!
Will Fly For Food
Heli-Ops
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Heli-Ops » Thu Feb 18 2010, 03:56

In the latest books the helo guy now has a nice new 520N because the Robbie got trashed (what a shame LOL )
40C

Postby 40C » Sat Jul 10 2010, 00:04

I want one!! :shock:

Return to “There I was...”