How to occupy yourself for five weeks and blow your cash

Got a good story? Tell it here.
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

How to occupy yourself for five weeks and blow your cash

Postby black duck » Sat Dec 19 2009, 10:00

Settle down you lot it's not what you think! It all began after another five weeks in my ceaseless quest to supply the worlds energy needs. A couple of quieties with the boys in fremantle after a hard swing, why not, I've got eight hours to kill before my flight to Melbourne. A couple while we work out the finer points of the plan and every body is happy (well pathetic really, imagine grown men behaving like ten year old kids that have just been let out on their last school day before the Christmas holidays!). Off to Fremantle we go and of course the "quieties" turn into what in the shearers vernacular is termed "THE CUT OUT"! Much frivolity, singing, dancing, good will to all men (and girls!), oh yeah did I mention drinking? Feeling wonderfull, idiot grin on my beak, look at my watch,It's time to go...hhmmm, now where's my briefcase?..........ah?!....oh!!......MY BRIEF CASE!!!!!!... oh.. no..no!!!!
It gets better, this is no ordinary briefcase, it had every thing in it! passport, pilots licence, log book, drivers licence, asic, msic cards marine certificates, amsa medical, resume, lots of personal stuff as well, you name it and it was in there!
The first problem, where did I leave it? After some brilliant detective work I narrowed it down to the taxi (I think) but no joy with them. Next step, Police, me "I've lost my brief case", big burly police sergeant, "have you been informed of your likeness to two usually unrelated parts of the male anatomy?", me, "huh?", Mr plod, "dick head", "oh ah yeah hmph".
Back at home I ponder my options, If I cancel every thing it'll turn up, if I don't it won't. If I don't, will my mug end up on a wanted poster right alongside Oldma's Bedlinnen? Start cancelling!!
The passport, on the phone to the dept of handing out passports,very helpful lady, "do you realise there is a $2000 fine for not reporting a lost or stolen passport?", me "I'm doing that!", lady "yes quite, but do you realise......".
and on it went , through CASA, AMSA, dept of transport, births deaths and bloody marriages! ect. ect. ect.
four weeks go by and I've replaced a good deal and my return to the quest is imminent, but there are still a few to go. I contact my kind and understanding employer to explain the situation, k.u.e "have you been told of your likeness to........"
"yeah yeah I know!!", k.u.e "also you will not be able to return to work without the originals of your certificates" "WHAT!!!"
"you will not be....", "It was a rhetorical what!!".
This was now serious! if I didn't return, what would happen? No energy for the worlds needs,the end of civilisation as we Know it, the world thrown back to the dark ages, the end of global warming and rising sea levels! There go's the beach front property!!! (which reminds me, how did the Zepplin concert go Sky "hooks" pig?").
In the middle of all this carry on, I had my class 1 medical, which came back with high blood pressure (directly related to the briefcase), high blood sugar (indirectly related to the briefcase, apparently they make Bundy out of sugar!) and raised cholesterol (not related to the briefcase, I forgot and had an egg and bacon roll and three cups of coffee that morning). Doctor " Have you been acquainted with your likeness to....", "yep!!!", "well another blood test and on the treadmill for you my boy!"
So far this little excersise has cost me around $600 not including phone calls, fuel, ect and ten weeks later it is far from over!
I've had nothing back from CASA and for all the the marine stuff I had to spend two days in Perth wearing out boot leather to get it re issued. It's been an expensive and painful lesson, only one small problem, I'm not sure what it is?!? And I wonder why they call me Daffy!
Cheers,
BD.
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: How to occupy yourself for five weeks and blow your cash

Postby Pegs » Sun Dec 20 2009, 05:54

Jeez BD,
I don't envy you, I don't suppose now you have gone through all that the briefcase has shown up? Best of luck with it. 8)
A good idea needs landing gear as well as wings to get off the ground.
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Sun Dec 20 2009, 09:07

Hasn't turned up yet Pegs, best I can hope for now is that it's lying in the bottom of the Swan river, from what I've been told the taxi drivers file that sort of stuff in the 'too hard basket', ie the Swan, instead of handing them in. Anyway it's my own dumb fault. Thanks for the thought though. :D hope you got a laugh (it's all true too!), well most of it, I do have a little help wth the energy supply thing!
Cheers, BD.
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Tue Dec 22 2009, 01:06

yeah sounds about right (the too hard basket) hope that is what they did with it and your license didn't get sold to some terrorist group who was now planning another 9/11!

Absoluty shocked to hear they make Bundy out of sugar!? LMAO! I might have to lay off it a bit over Xmas then, since i have my Class one Med due on the 7th of Jan. Hee hee, perish the thought, have a couple for me will you? Good luck with your energy thing, sounds like something to discuss over a beer,

cheers Peg :lol: :wink:
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Tue Dec 22 2009, 02:15

You had to mention the beer thing! :D :wink: :? :cry: I'd love to but, I'm stuck on this boat (dry of course!) for another 10 days yet. :cry: so thats Chrissy and new years shot! :cry: :cry:
At least I'll be good for my class 1 MK 2, if I can behave myself when I get off!
Anyway all the best for Christmas and new years Pegs.
Cheers,
BD. :D
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Tue Dec 22 2009, 05:56

Never mind BD, no doubt I'll drink enough for both of us, :D, many cheers to you. 8)
Peg
PS going heli mustering tomorrow, with the duels in to give me a feel, very excited, looking much forward to the experinace. Have mustered plenty before but only as a passanger so this should be pretty neat. :D And straight afterwards I have a square bottle with my name on it, i'll think of you when it happens :wink:
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Tue Dec 22 2009, 06:41

You really know how to cheer a bloke up! :cry: a square bottle and commiting aviation! (not in that order of course!) go on have fun then!
Cheers BD. :wink:
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Wed Dec 23 2009, 02:30

Hey BD, had a bloody fantastic fly this morning, am now starting on that there square bottle, cheers to you BD, can't wait for the next one, 1st solo coming up 20th Jan Yippee. :too_cool:
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Wed Dec 23 2009, 04:56

Ah Pegs... is that the flying or bottle your can't waiting for? :? good to hear you had a ball. At least I'll be able to have one for you when you do your solo! :D
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Wed Dec 23 2009, 11:20

well flying first BD, closely followed by the square bear in a bottle! :lol: Forgot to mention I finished the first mod this arvo (aircraft Gen Knowledge), got 94% so now very very happy and have had quite a few square bears :cool_dc: Hope the others go as well as this one did! Nav has me worried, I'm bloody hopeless with a compas, flat out using my GPS most days. Haven't got it yet, will leave that one for after Xmas! So double rums all round for a doubly successful day.
Happy flying BD :wink: :D :D
Lots of laughs Peg :cool_dc:
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Wed Dec 23 2009, 12:23

Well done, a double win! Glad to hear it. :D :D I wouldn't worry too much about the nav, you'll get it. We're heading out tonight to do a rig re supply, should be interesting, we've still got a lot of sea running here. :o We'll more than likely punch around for a couple of day's and bring it all back again or attempt to get it off and end up putting more dents in the boat! :x Well they do call it a contact sport! We'll be gone for about 4 days, so I left you a pm. ahyway kick back and enjoy you bears. :wink: be yakkn' at ya soon. just read your mainfold question, if you get stuck on any abbreviations CA$A give a full list of terms and abbreiations on their web site (the've got to be good for something!) That is of course only after you've exhausted all avenues with this site! :D
Cheers BD. :D
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Wed Dec 23 2009, 12:41

Thanks BD,
I replied to your PM, did it come through? As its still sitting in my outbox for some strange reason?
thanks for the CASA info, didn't realise they had a glossary, will check it out. :idea:
hope u don't get to try out your webbed feet with this mission tonight, 8) i recon flying is easier than swimming!
good luck
Pegs :wink:

Edit, message has gone now, i'm assuming u must have to actually read it before it disapears hey? I'll store that for future ref. :cool_dc: :lol:
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Wed Dec 23 2009, 13:52

Right We is gone! Oc:= SEEEE YAAA! Pegs :D
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Wed Dec 23 2009, 14:03

see ya mate, don't crash into the bloody rig with all those crazy waves, :!: :!: :cool_dc: i don't want to see u on the 7 news :!:
fly safe
Pegs :wink: :cool_dc:

Return to “There I was...”