PNG Pic's by Pigdog

A bunch of pics as supplied by members. You cant upload here but you can upload to the gallery linked above.
pigdog
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

PNG Pic's by Pigdog

Postby pigdog » Tue Feb 18 2014, 09:16

Hi everyone, due to pressure from above I have had to delete my thread as management is on the war path over pic's and video's that show company aircraft or client assets. While I tried to keep names and places and pic's of bl**dy great holes in the ground where copper is mined, out of the thread and thought I had done a pretty good job, it appears not good enough, so while the top management had not contacted me yet, it would have only been a matter of time.Other pilots that have produced some very good video of their adventures up here with the same company are now unsure if there employment is assured.
I enjoyed sharing my photo's with everyone and like to thank you for all the great comments and encouragement to post more.

Cheers

Pig
Last edited by pigdog on Wed Feb 19 2014, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: PNG Pic's by Pigdog

Postby Evil Twin » Tue Feb 18 2014, 09:27

Bloody shame mate. Was great to see your pics. I hope you don't experience any further retribution.

Keep it in the green brother
pigdog
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby pigdog » Tue Feb 18 2014, 09:33

Thanks Evil, fly safe.

Pig
Rotax
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Rotax » Tue Feb 18 2014, 09:37

It's a bloody shame Pigdog, pictures you posted gave a great insight into PNG ops ( hence why mgt not happy I guess).
crow
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby crow » Tue Feb 18 2014, 09:48

Hey pigdog even though not all of us have been posting about your pics, I for one have enjoyed looking at them and reading the related yarns. I have friends who used to live on plantations up there but the photos you have shown us win hands down. Guess that is why we fly for a living hey, but I look at a lot less trees and mountains where I fly. Thanks and hope the brass stay off you bum over this
pigdog
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby pigdog » Tue Feb 18 2014, 09:59

Rotax, Crow, thanks guy's, I'm sure I'll be fine, anyway this is not the only job in the world, we'll see what happens, cheers
Pig
twinrotor
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby twinrotor » Tue Feb 18 2014, 10:08

pigdog wrote:Rotax, Crow, thanks guy's, I'm sure I'll be fine, anyway this is not the only job in the world, we'll see what happens, cheers
Pig

Lets hope all is okay,
Thanks for the pics, didn't post before but always enjoyed them.
Cheers
TR...
Ensure brain is engaged before the rotor.
pigdog
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby pigdog » Tue Feb 18 2014, 10:25

TR thanks mate glade you enjoyed, and naa I'm good, just tend to be a worry wort.
Cheers
Pig
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Tue Feb 18 2014, 10:44

Pig,

Wait until you are the boss...and then you can post what you like !

Thanks for what you did publish...very interesting for me, and obviously others. Looks like a cool place to fly, probably not so great to live there though.

Arrrj
pigdog
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby pigdog » Tue Feb 18 2014, 10:59

Arrrj mate! thanks , yep PNG is a bl**dy great place to fly! full of beauty and always a challenge, but very satisfying at the same time. There are some areas of PNG that would be the pacific paradise and idyllic to live, though mostly in the island areas.
Fly safe Mate, cheers Pig.
JohnHopkins
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby JohnHopkins » Tue Feb 18 2014, 12:57

Good on you pigdog. And thanks for letting us know whom not to aspire to work for mate ;)
pigdog
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby pigdog » Tue Feb 18 2014, 19:51

John, no problem mate, there are some recent horror stories that has us all wide eyed, with long serving guy's gone and not only from M*r*.

Cheers
Pig
SPGreenCan
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SPGreenCan » Thu Feb 20 2014, 07:42

Hey Pigdog, just though I would also contribute to the thread, in a way that the management would seem to prefer. Keep the dream alive man... PNG is a beautiful place to fly, but sometimes you just have to put up with all the other noise...
Attachments
Bslap (800x598).jpg
pigdog
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby pigdog » Thu Feb 20 2014, 08:42

SPGreenCan mate that looks like a 407!!! Your fired!!!
truthinbeer
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby truthinbeer » Thu Feb 20 2014, 08:47

Those trees look familiar...
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Thu Feb 20 2014, 15:41

Pretty sad state of affairs when you cant share work experiences ON A HELICOPTER RELATED SITE. None of which was "sensitive" material.
I work up north in Canada and was going to start a similar thread to show another area of flying where pilots may aspire to fly but after pigs encounter perhaps not....utter cr@p
Thanks anyway for posting Pigdog
kiwiflyer
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby kiwiflyer » Thu Feb 20 2014, 20:00

Those trees and flax will prob belong to the company in question (see how I avoided using there name) but I did see a squashed banana on one of those trees.
And of course no one knows what company's have what contracts so they won't want the secret getting out.
I see they haven't deleted the pictures of aircraft on there website yet!!!!
pigdog
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby pigdog » Thu Feb 20 2014, 20:10

HelloPilots, mate thanks, I think in all truthfulness it's the client that doesn't want their assets on any media as they understandably want control of what is published, however we live in a would where the social media is becoming king of communication, good or bad, and this type of communication is very hard to control. How many of us have had clients in the back taking a video of the flight on there cell phone!!!???? And in some cases that same video has turned up on Facebook or similar . I now fly in a manner that in no way I can be incriminated by such a video and have told clients in some cases that I won't permit video footage being taken on certain flights, either because of weather or flying over client assets. No fun to be had now! but if one wants to pay the mortgage then you need to conform!,....bugger I hate that word.
SP White Can

Postby SP White Can » Sun Feb 23 2014, 09:48

Nice pic SPGreenCan
SPGreenCan
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SPGreenCan » Mon Feb 24 2014, 10:30

Thanks SP White Can. I feel I really got across the beauty of the place and the cool things we get to do with the machines up here.

Return to “Heli Pic's”