South African CPL(H) to Aus CPL(H)

Looking for some info on converting to or from an Aussie Flight Crew License?
BAC heli

South African CPL(H) to Aus CPL(H)

Postby BAC heli » Thu Feb 26 2015, 23:21

hi there, now this is the second time im typing this so I hope I remember what I wrote... :?

I've just very recently got my South African CPL(H) and am back in Aus to convert the licence. Im aware I need to do 2 exams, Human Factors and Air law. Is there a place to hire or get a hold of the books cheap and is there a place to do practice exams? Writing the exams as well... I was told it was handled by ALS or something...
one more question :oops: how long on average does one study for an exam before writing? just trying to gauge difficulty, etc
Fortunately I have an ARN and have held an ASIC and medical certificate previously here, making my life a little easier.

Another thing... Private Instrument rating...I am IF rated in SA and am aware I don't qualify for the Command rating here, but im sure I can apply for the Private equivalent. Is there a test involved or do I just have to show experience?

Im sure I can find this information from CASA but I haven't had the greatest experience with aviation authorities... you can only imagine the SA CAA...

Any other tips that will make this process a little easier will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers - BAC

Return to “International License Conversion”