Converting Aus CPL(H) to Italian?

Looking for some info on converting to or from an Aussie Flight Crew License?
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Converting Aus CPL(H) to Italian?

Postby Rotorpilot » Mon Jan 30 2012, 07:51

:cool_slp: How difficult is it to Convert Aussie CPL(H) to Italian? whats involved?
And then Is the licence recognised throughout Europe?
Thanks (c:_ol
Dem winds are gonna blow
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Converting Aus CPL(H) to Italian?

Postby Twistgrip » Mon Jan 30 2012, 07:58

I know an italian pilot here whos working ill get him to have a look on BS for you and try answer
CIAO :shock:
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Skeeter
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Skeeter » Mon Jan 30 2012, 14:45

The licence is normally valid in whole Europe.
I don`t know how it is in Italy but in Germany it depends on your hours.

The "JAR FCL 2" might be interesting for you.

I´m doing the same... but the other way. Converting my European to Australian!
If you have more questions you can write a PM!
crankshaft

Postby crankshaft » Mon Jan 30 2012, 23:22

Conversion process is the standard EASA system, except they are just about to change the CPL exam system.

To convert to a frozen ATPL 13 exams and now to
Convert to a cpl 11 exams and then of course a flight test and medical .

Theory has to be done through an approved theory provider.
griso

Postby griso » Tue Jan 31 2012, 00:51

Was Twistgrip looking for me? :roll:

Rotorpilot, I got my CPL(H) in Italy following the ATPL(H) integrated course. I am more than happy to give you some tips, I hope it will help you.

The Licence is recognise all over the European Union. Have a look at the JAA Member State list recently published by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) http://www.easa.eu.int/approvals-and-st ... nition.php

I think that the biggest difficult you will have to cope is the bureaucracy! :?

As per JAR-FCL 2.015 the conversion of a licence issued by a non-JAA State is possible “provide that an arrangement exist between the JAA Member State and the non-JAA State”. I can tell you that I had no problems to convert my licence with CASA, I just sit the Air Law exam. With ENAC (the Italian Civil Aviation Authority) will be probably different…

My first advice is to choose a good Flight Training Organisation with the right person inside (read: reputation). Consider also that in Italy all the FTOs are Companies running business with helicopters, doing instruction on the side. This aspect has positive and negative sides… There is only one FTO whose only business is teaching how to fly and the reputation of the CP is proven.

The secret is to find the right person whose ability will be to reach a deal with ENAC to grant you the highest possible credit on the basis of your licence! JAR-FCL 2.016 in fact states “The Authority may be guided as to the credits to be granted on the basis of a recommendation from an appropriate training organisation” :shock:

If you want you can contact ENAC on your own but I think you will lose time and you will end up asking the help of a FTO!
I have a friend with a JAA licence who recently had to convert his FAA-IR(H) and, after lots of discussions with ENAC, found a deal and had to spend other hours (and $) on the synthetic trainer before he was allowed to sit the flight test!

If you want I can send you the JAR-FCL 2 pdf file so that you can have a look! Send me a pm in case.

Ah, last thing: all the JAA exams are in English! Same in all the State Members.

Ciao!
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Tue Jan 31 2012, 04:14

Yes I found you Griso! Nice to chat to you last night!
Ciao
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
No Idea

Postby No Idea » Fri Jun 1 2012, 11:22

Rotorpilot wrote::cool_slp: How difficult is it to Convert Aussie CPL(H) to Italian? whats involved?

Hi RotorPilot, interested to hear if you have made any progress on this conversion?
griso

Postby griso » Sat Jun 2 2012, 13:15

No Idea wrote:
Rotorpilot wrote::cool_slp: How difficult is it to Convert Aussie CPL(H) to Italian? whats involved?

Hi RotorPilot, interested to hear if you have made any progress on this conversion?

I'm curious to know if RotorPilot ever read my answer ... :?

Return to “International License Conversion”