Obtaining an FAA Licence

Looking for some info on converting to or from an Aussie Flight Crew License?
Lude
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Obtaining an FAA Licence

Postby Lude » Sun May 17 2015, 05:07

Was just offering my opinion Wheatbix! I was searching the threads for an answer to converting to an Aussie CPL when my time is up here and came upon this thread, saw a reference previously and thought I would weigh in for my current employer is all.

I have heard nothing but positive things about Jerry Trimble in Oregon.
ChicoCheco
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby ChicoCheco » Sun May 17 2015, 18:29

Wheatbix,

You got some vested interest/chip on shoulder, run Aussie heli school, or any other reason why you're being less than tactful?

Leave it for the mods if they're not happy with whomever's post.

Maybe just ban all threads about any training outside Australia/conversions abroad, as it 'steals' business. You can also campaign against some of CASA's changes affecting small regional schools not willing to do all the Part 142 paperwork or have theory training in place or able to, to avoid the 150hr modular CPL to come 'soon'.

How about the Australian pilots who need/ed FAA papers to fly N-reg in Australia or nearby islands? I am not aware of any Australia based freelance FAA DPE, maybe there is. If not, they have to travel outside to ge the job done.
wheatbix
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby wheatbix » Mon May 18 2015, 05:09

[quote=ChicoCheco]Wheatbix,

You got some vested interest/chip on shoulder, run Aussie heli school, or any other reason why you're being less than tactful?

Leave it for the mods if they're not happy with whomever's post.[/quote]

Not at all. When I first read his post it just seemed a little self serving to drag a thread up which was over a year old to promote the company for which you work. But I see now how he casually came across this thread based upon his search for something else. Sorry Lude - didn't mean to jump to conclusions there. I'm all for the promulgation of informed information. Meanwhile ChicoCheco, no need to get your knickers in knot. I don't currently work in australia or the US, and certainly don't own a flight school.

When I was looking in to doing the conversion I emailed Mauna Loa helicopters to inquire. I got a more satisfactory, comprehensive and economical reply elsewhere hence my decision not to train there. However if I didn't want to travel all the way to mainland America then I'd definitely have considered it.
ChicoCheco
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby ChicoCheco » Mon May 25 2015, 01:38

No worries. Lost in written word.

My message didn't send or was removed. Either way.

If anyone is to be accused of plug for JTH, it could be me, although I restrained from mentioning anything.

I can compare it to Air T&G in Ballina, maybe. Visited in person but no time to do any training due to busy schedule for mustering reviews.

Once I do the CASA FI, I should be legal to do FAA flight review in Oz (ticking boxes, blah blah) as needed, most likely Brissy based unless job elsewhere.

I finished the EASA ATPL(H) exams over month ago, but won't have the FI rating from 'here' just yet. Enough cash to burn in Oz for FI conversion from FAA, since I'd be back in a jiffy-ish.

Return to “International License Conversion”