AUS or NZ CPL (H) to Canadian conversion

Looking for some info on converting to or from an Aussie Flight Crew License?
johnheli
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

AUS or NZ CPL (H) to Canadian conversion

Postby johnheli » Thu Nov 9 2017, 21:34

Hi All

I know this topic has been posted in the past but looking for some more up to date information on how the convert either my Australian (current) or New zealand (uncurrent) CPL (h) to a Transport Canada Licence. I have 7.2 hours instrument 1500 TT R22, R44, H300, B206 and B47 endorsed. has anyone done it recently, can anyone recommend a company to do it through? also what cost are involved? looking at heading over early next year to do the rounds.

Any help is appreciated.

JH
NZHelo
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: AUS or NZ CPL (H) to Canadian conversion

Postby NZHelo » Thu Nov 9 2017, 23:10

I suggest that you find another 2.8 hours instrument or else the conversion will not happen.
heliheli
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby heliheli » Thu Nov 9 2017, 23:46

http://advancedheliflight.com

A++++
Did my with them last year. with current NZCPL
Don't worry about the last 2 and a bit hours instrument. Do it with them, and gain more time in Canada.
Grande Prairie Alberta Canada
Great guy Rob.

Regards
Heliheli
NZHelo
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby NZHelo » Fri Nov 10 2017, 00:40

Yeah spend more money when you don't need to.
johnheli
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby johnheli » Fri Nov 10 2017, 01:59

Thanks guys

What's exams do I have to do? Or do have to them all?

Cheers JH
Pinnacle
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Pinnacle » Fri Nov 10 2017, 02:20

Kids these days....

A quick google and go to Transport Canada webpage all the information you require is there in black and white

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... e-1812.htm

Chinook do the conversions every year and last I heard was the only school in Canada that can give you your license on the spot. All others take 3 months to get the print from transport.
so it’s either a flight over and back, or fly over and hang out for 3 months waiting for your license. something to consider this costly exercise

http://www.chinookhelicopters.com/wordp ... g/#foreign

If time is not of the essence then shop around not sure if the school on Vancouver island is still running but he is cheap as chips
johnheli
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby johnheli » Fri Nov 10 2017, 03:58

:idea: thanks for that Pinnicle I didn't see the foreign conversion when looked on chinooks website that's answered my questions.

JH
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Fri Nov 10 2017, 05:21

I can’t comment on any other training companies in Canada but I can highly recommend chinook as I did my conversion there in 2008. They aren’t a meat factory, if you don’t meet their standard they won’t recommend you to TC for testing until you do. I know a few Australians who were turned away as the instructors weren’t comfortable with the way they flew, I respect people who set a standard & stick to it regardless of the lost financial opportunity. Cathy & Clayton are top class people, they have top class instructors & that’s why they’re top class operators.
"Plan twice...Fly once"

Return to “International License Conversion”