Conversion to German

Looking for some info on converting to or from an Aussie Flight Crew License?
davestewart

Conversion to German

Postby davestewart » Sun Jun 28 2015, 09:38

Wondering if anyone knows what is involved in converting Oz/Nz CPL to German CPL.
Also looking for info on German operators
skidtube

Re: Conversion to German

Postby skidtube » Sun Jun 28 2015, 09:48

14 theory exams with EASA, a nominal amount of flying and test....dont take exams with the german authority ...they have the question and 4 possible answers , but some of the words are missing from the question as well, just to be difficult

If you have a ATPL and multi crew hours, no requirement for approved groundschool, if not mandatory groundschool and brushup required
Phil Croucher
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Phil Croucher » Wed Jul 22 2015, 09:29

As skidtube says, avoid the LBA as much as possible. Although an EASA licence is supposed to cover all of Europe, it is also true that some authorities are better at it than most - this would include the UK and Ireland. Your licence is based where your medical is, so you can transfer it to Germany after you get the licence elsewhere.

Given that up to 20% of the EASA questions are wrong, it would be a big mistake to just launch into them without preparation. You need 1000 hours multicrew to be exempt formal training.

Any questions about EASA, please ask - I am on the rulemaking committee for the proposed changes in the Learning Objectives, and a question writer :)

Phil
ChicoCheco
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby ChicoCheco » Wed Jul 22 2015, 12:42

You'd be better off on pee-prune, ehrm.

BS is Oz/NZ focused and as such only 'globetrotters'/migrants, ehrm, licensing/lifestyle refugees have an idea..

I didn't know Phil's also interested in Oz - though Canada and UK/EASA were your domain. Yes, I got one of your books, btw.

It's true what he says. Just get medical (records holding country/authority, the actual exam doesn't have to be the same, as long proper paperwork done) and exams done, can also do flight tests in third EASA country as long as the briefing and Examiner approval and notifications rules followed. Some countries are more 'anal' than others.

Supposedly one is meant to move license/med records when moving residence or moving for job, so bear that in mind if you don't do exams and conversion training/tests in same country, justifying the reasons to want this or that. Trust me, being 'unusual case' can baffle some admin staff and they'd be then more willing to say 'NO CAN'T DO' but you then have to take the mighty EASA FCL, Part.MED or ORA references and swoosh the mighty clauses back. Funny, sometimes downright frustrating.

Even Germans warn us against LBA and their ways, procedures etc. Tread wisely.

FAA papers, EASA PPLs, ATPL credit, CASA-flustered yours truly, CC
Phil Croucher
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Phil Croucher » Wed Jul 22 2015, 13:23

I've been asked to adapt some stuff for the Australian market - got one soon on the CR-3. The EASA versions of my books are good enough for CASA exams - just ignore the law chapters :)

Phil
Skeeter
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Skeeter » Wed Jul 22 2015, 20:41

I have no idea regarding the conversion but the LBA is not as bad as it's reputation. They were more then helpful whenever I had to do with them. However, I would go with the UK CAA as well.

What kind of operators are you looking for?
Mr Magoo

Postby Mr Magoo » Tue Oct 27 2015, 11:03

Just wondering if anyone has held EASA and CASA licences simultaneously.

What sort of costs were involved in getting the EASA ticket? What is the industry like in Germany?

Return to “International License Conversion”