Ambulance NSW

What have you heard?
Mobro412

Ambulance NSW

Postby Mobro412 » Tue Dec 16 2014, 12:04

Any word on Southern and Northern Regions contract announcements?
helmet spider
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Ambulance NSW

Postby helmet spider » Tue Dec 16 2014, 13:01

Toll in the south
Hunter Westpac in the north
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Tue Dec 16 2014, 18:46

What aircraft are each operator using? And what does that mean for Lismore Westpac?
outta track
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby outta track » Tue Dec 16 2014, 20:06

Lismore and Hunter had planned to merge if they were successful.
bobdobolina

Postby bobdobolina » Tue Dec 16 2014, 20:22

helmet spider wrote:Toll in the south
Hunter Westpac in the north

Link?
landseaair
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby landseaair » Tue Dec 16 2014, 23:04

My understanding was the official announcement was being made 10:00 today......
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Thu Dec 18 2014, 02:57

Have seen nothing in the media, nothing on wrhs website.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Thu Dec 18 2014, 07:03

Heard today that it's Westpac for the northern region and Toll for the southern. Still can't find an official release however. All machines to be 139s.
zoomcage
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby zoomcage » Thu Dec 18 2014, 07:47

FerrariFlyer wrote:Heard today that it's Westpac for the northern region and Toll for the southern. Still can't find an official release however. All machines to be 139s.

Very interesting result.... I wonder what Ambulance NSW based their decision on IF that really is the result!
outta track
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby outta track » Thu Dec 18 2014, 22:50

​​
From NSW Health web site.

A Modern New Helicopter Network
The NSW Government is creating a new Health Retrieval Network to deliver high quality clinical care faster and safer than ever before.

The creation of a new Network is the result of a Strategic Review of NSW Ambulance requested by the Minister for Health and Minister for Medical Research the Hon Jillian Skinner MP, which included a review of aeromedical operations.

Current and potential suppliers of aeromedical services were invited to tender for the new Network.

The tender process successfully engaged a mix of not-for-profit and commercial operators and contracts have now been signed for the Northern and Southern regions. The new Network will be fully operational in 2017, allowing for an orderly transition of operations over the next three years.

Northern Region
The Northern region will be run by Northern NSW Helicopter Rescue Service Pty Ltd, an amalgamation of two well-known non-government organisations, already engaged in aeromedical retrieval. Northern NSW Helicopter Rescue Service will be tasked to perform patient retrieval from newly constructed helicopter bases in Lismore and Newcastle and the existing base in Tamworth.

Southern Region
The Southern region will be run by Toll Helicopters (NSW) Pty Ltd, an Australian-listed corporation with a strong track record in helicopter aviation. Toll will operate helicopter patient retrieval services from newly constructed bases in Bankstown, Orange, and Wollongong and the existing base in Canberra.​​​​​​​

Toll will appoint a full time community engagement manager to develop local community participation in addition to its corporate fundraising activities.
Headset
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Headset » Thu Dec 18 2014, 22:51

Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Thu Dec 18 2014, 23:11

Good to see the community operations get a chance to increase and modernise their capabilities.
A yellow and red 139 would look quite good ino. Good time to be onboard :)
LHS
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby LHS » Thu Dec 18 2014, 23:21

"The Southern region will be run by Toll Helicopters (NSW) Pty Ltd, an Australian-listed corporation with a strong track record in helicopter aviation."
Really, who told them that, might be a few organisations and ex employees that may beg to differ. Seems like a step backwards letting that mob in.
Well done to the Hunter Westpac group, should be great with the 139s.
LHS
Big Green Arrow
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Big Green Arrow » Fri Dec 19 2014, 00:25

Congrats to the Toll team. Some top notch and very cluey blokes have joined their operations team in the last couple of years, so it's good to see their hard work paying off by snagging a big one.
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Dec 19 2014, 01:40

"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Dauphin » Fri Dec 19 2014, 02:26

Hard to believe that CHC has lost this one. It would be interesting to see why Toll was preferred over the incumbent. Presumably money was the major factor. Don't send in the cv's just yet. There's at least a further 2 years to run before CHC hand over and presumably a lot of the current employees will change companies.
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Fri Dec 19 2014, 02:59

I had heard, and don't quote me please, that it wasn't a cost effective contract to have (for CHC)...?
Last edited by Jabberwocky on Sat Dec 20 2014, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.
zoomcage
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby zoomcage » Sat Dec 20 2014, 01:39

I think I just saw a Seasprite fly over my house.....Surely not!
eyesandears

Postby eyesandears » Mon Feb 16 2015, 03:56

Sounds as though TOLL simply beat CHC to the prize with a model that included an AW139 flight sim, virtual (rear cabin Aircrew) winch sim, separate over pool wet winch sim, a HUET sim, labs for the medical crews to train as well as some kind of HD medical simulation facility, etc. The base plans are said to be as advanced as they are secretive. Haven't heard any complaints from Bankstown so sounds +ve.....so far. pop;

Return to “I heard...”