AW609 Launch customer announced

What have you heard?
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

AW609 Launch customer announced

Postby Twistgrip » Wed Feb 28 2018, 09:42

"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
bigglesbutler
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: 609 Launch customer announced

Postby bigglesbutler » Wed Feb 28 2018, 09:54

Tragic me......... nah lol. It's an amazing machine, looks much better in person and talking to the test pilots it is going to be amazing once it hits the market. I for one would love to fly it.

Si
Hueyman
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Hueyman » Wed Feb 28 2018, 10:10

]so you going to need a fixed, rotory or both licences?
charlie don't surf! (c:_ol
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Wed Feb 28 2018, 10:55

Wasn’t there a pic of a mock up or prototype 609 at a previous expo with Bristow plastered all over it? What ever happened to that tie up?
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Wed Feb 28 2018, 11:48

so you going to need a fixed, rotory or both licences?

There is some discussions on prune on points of view. My opinion is it would be preferable to have both but the proportion is a hotly contested topic. Mostly fixed and some rotary time OR mostly rotary and some fixed.

One could argue that the guys would be IFR rated in any case however the tiltrotor could be better suited for rotary guys with out landing and confined area experience.

Will be interesting to see how it develops and of course all the teething issues for an A model.

Havick, I went to the expo in 2006 and they had a mock-up there at the time. Surprisingly not as big inside as you think but would be perfect EMS size internally so I can see an advantage there.
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Wed Feb 28 2018, 12:12

In terms of cabin size I recall someone a while back mentioning a B350 Kingair for a relatively close comparison.
bigglesbutler
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: AW609 Launch customer announced

Postby bigglesbutler » Wed Feb 28 2018, 18:42

Cabin is a 9 seat pax config, CASA already have a powered lift license section in the CSAR's its all in there for you to read, ppl,cpl and atpl.

Si

Return to “I heard...”