What have you heard?
Thomas208
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Toll Aw139

Postby Thomas208 » Sat Sep 16 2017, 08:38

Firehawkforeffect wrote:
Thomas208 wrote:Particle separator won't do much when it was a spanner

How did the Spanner get past the screens?

Left there from maintenance
driftwood
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby driftwood » Sat Sep 16 2017, 08:53

Thomas208 wrote:
Firehawkforeffect wrote:
Thomas208 wrote:Particle separator won't do much when it was a spanner

Are we talking about an AW139'
Firehawkforeffect
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Firehawkforeffect » Sun Sep 17 2017, 00:46

driftwood wrote:
Thomas208 wrote:
Firehawkforeffect wrote:

Technical holes in his story only a 12 yr old troll could make.
Thomas208
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Thomas208 » Sun Sep 17 2017, 08:31

Firehawkforeffect wrote:
driftwood wrote:
Thomas208 wrote:

Are you saying LF didn't FOD an engine ?
Firehawkforeffect
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Firehawkforeffect » Sun Sep 17 2017, 08:51

Thomas208 wrote:
Firehawkforeffect wrote:
driftwood wrote:Are we talking about an AW139'

L

No Idea. But how does a spanner get inside the rock screen at the beach?
Thomas208
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Thomas208 » Sun Sep 17 2017, 09:07

Firehawkforeffect wrote:
Thomas208 wrote:
Firehawkforeffect wrote:Technical holes in his story only a 12 yr old troll could make.

L

I'm only twelve but with my little experience I would say from previous maintenance and it was just at this point it may have affected the machine
Firehawkforeffect
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Firehawkforeffect » Sun Sep 17 2017, 09:17

Thomas208 wrote:
Firehawkforeffect wrote:
Thomas208 wrote:
L

I'm only twelve but with my little experience I would say from previous maintenance and it was just at this point it may have affected the machine

Yep thought so, clueless.
choppermech1986
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby choppermech1986 » Sun Sep 17 2017, 23:30

Geez I love the professionalism of the Australian helicopter industry. :roll:

If anyone has some facts or hyperlinks to media stories, could you do us all a solid and post them?
Master Cylinder
200th Member!
200th Member!

Postby Master Cylinder » Mon Sep 18 2017, 00:46

I don't think there is anything to this. Not a shred of evidence to support either a damaged Toll machine or a spanner in an engine compartment.

MC
To fly is human, to hover...divine!
Firefish
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Firefish » Mon Sep 18 2017, 06:00

Master Cylinder wrote:I don't think there is anything to this. Not a shred of evidence to support either a damaged Toll machine or a spanner in an engine compartment.

MC

That you can find? It happened.
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Dauphin » Mon Sep 18 2017, 09:18

Hey MC, a mutual friend of ours confirmed the Toll incident. I don't have details yet.
eyesandears

Postby eyesandears » Tue Sep 19 2017, 12:44

The impressive element here is the ability of TOLL to keep a tail rotor strike whilst training, so quiet, in Australia's largest city, on Australia's largest EMS contact. Even the Bankstown Paramedics are quiet. A culture of safety through transparency and openness? pop;
Last edited by eyesandears on Thu Sep 21 2017, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Tue Sep 19 2017, 20:23

What else do you expect when they have all previously worked for the same employer.
That same culture carries over.
driftwood
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby driftwood » Tue Sep 19 2017, 22:09

Hello Pilots wrote:What else do you expect when they have all previously worked for the same employer.
That same culture carries over.

Fair enough, so it's the fault of their previous employer not their current employer for the non reporting of major incidents.
Makes complete sense to me
Thomas208
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Thomas208 » Tue Sep 19 2017, 23:00

They'll come unstuck soon enough, if you all feel generous you could donate to this commercial business to help them out with their exorbitant wages and lack of accountability.

https://cporter74.wixsite.com/beachtobar
SICK HORSEY
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SICK HORSEY » Wed Sep 20 2017, 00:19

'Hello Pilots' have you achieved your military wings? Did you fail military pilots course? Or do you wish you'd made different career decisions that allowed you to fly some incredible machinery in the company of some great people whilst achieving at very high levels under pressure.

If the answer is no to the first question then I suggest you steer your energy toward bettering yourself as a pilot..... and person. In the space of 2 pages on a single thread, the only thing you appear able to provide is evidence of a big grudge on defence guys, and nothing more.

On the topic of the alleged incident and handling, you feel that because it's not plastered on news.com.au that it's been covered up and the culture is bad within the organization? That's a big call that stinks of a dude who knows nothing of modern EMS contracts and the accountability it involves to the client, and company higher.

Until you understand the mil pilot selection and training continuum, until you've been in an organization where you prefer to put your teams benefit before your own, until you experience the life, stress, skill, commitment and reward that the career involves..... then stop embarrassing yourself, and, if you do feel the need to post on a topic, then do it with some degree of professionalism.

Yes I'm ex-mil, no I'm not current or ex-Toll..... just an EMS 139 guy that's seen both sides, and both folk, who chooses to see the good that both back grounds can bring to the industry.

Have you seen both sides HP?

SH.
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Wed Sep 20 2017, 00:25

I'm pretty sure the alleged incident was reported within their organisation :roll:
What business is it of yours if you are not part of said organisation?
Do you think EVERY flying incident is made public?
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Wed Sep 20 2017, 00:40

SICK HORSEY wrote:'Hello Pilots' have you achieved your military wings? Did you fail military pilots course? Or do you wish you'd made different career decisions that allowed you to fly some incredible machinery in the company of some great people whilst achieving at very high levels under pressure.

If the answer is no to the first question then I suggest you steer your energy toward bettering yourself as a pilot..... and person. In the space of 2 pages on a single thread, the only thing you appear able to provide is evidence of a big grudge on defence guys, and nothing more.

On the topic of the alleged incident and handling, you feel that because it's not plastered on news.com.au that it's been covered up and the culture is bad within the organization? That's a big call that stinks of a dude who knows nothing of modern EMS contracts and the accountability it involves to the client, and company higher.

Until you understand the mil pilot selection and training continuum, until you've been in an organization where you prefer to put your teams benefit before your own, until you experience the life, stress, skill, commitment and reward that the career involves..... then stop embarrassing yourself, and, if you do feel the need to post on a topic, then do it with some degree of professionalism.

Yes I'm ex-mil, no I'm not current or ex-Toll..... just an EMS 139 guy that's seen both sides, and both folk, who chooses to see the good that both back grounds can bring to the industry

SH.

Great speech mate, you should be a recruiter
Thomas208
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Thomas208 » Wed Sep 20 2017, 00:55

Hello Pilots wrote:
SICK HORSEY wrote:'Hello Pilots' have you achieved your military wings? Did you fail military pilots course? Or do you wish you'd made different career decisions that allowed you to fly some incredible machinery in the company of some great people whilst achieving at very high levels under pressure.

Yes I'm ex-mil, no I'm not current or ex-Toll..... just an EMS 139 guy that's seen both sides, and both folk, who chooses to see the good that both back grounds can bring to the industry

SH.

Great speech mate, you should be a recruiter

He certainly has spare time
SICK HORSEY
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SICK HORSEY » Wed Sep 20 2017, 01:04

HP have you addressed anything that I put forward above? You appear unarmed in a battle of reason here.

I've declared my interest champ.... That being the fact that ill informed posts about mil guys, and criticism of things you dont understand make you look like a fool. I thought that was pretty clear.

Please enlighten us with what your business is here.... please.

I'll opt out of the eye roll or any other cheap jab.

SH

Return to “I heard...”