EC225 Crash in Norway

What have you heard?
Turning base
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: EC225 Crash in Norway

Postby Turning base » Mon May 2 2016, 09:56

Friendly Black Dog wrote:Is it worth splitting the thread into a condolence thread and a accident causation thread?

I think that was how the dark side handled the Scottish Police 145 accident.

Cheers

FBD

When I first glanced at the post I read accusation thread, not accident causation thread. Sorry, no offence to anyone here, but although well intentioned, no good has ever come from speculation / discussion threads. We frequently criticise journalists here for jumping to conclusions. Let's not turn into them. This thread should be shut down. It's disrespectful and probably for the most part Ill informed.
oneliner
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby oneliner » Mon May 2 2016, 20:07

Matt Nielsen
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Matt Nielsen » Wed May 4 2016, 02:15

The Captain was a fantastic bloke... well regarded among his peers and a champion of the Norwegian and CHC Pilot Federations.

He was recently married.

A big personality who didn't mind a party :)

You'll be missed Olav.
ringstate
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby ringstate » Thu May 5 2016, 12:03

Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Thu May 5 2016, 14:45

Circling the wagons .....

Kind of Ringstate.

Ch11 Allows the company /debtor in possession which now can acquire financing and loans on favorable terms by giving new lenders first priority on the business's earnings. Its an opportunity under protection to re structure and right size the organisation.

The business carries on as normal, in which time a restructuring plan must be submitted back to the Judge within 180 days.

But if a plan cannot be confirmed, the court may either convert the case to a liquidation under chapter 7, or, if in the best interests of the creditors and the estate, the case may be dismissed resulting in a return to the status quo before bankruptcy. If the case is dismissed, creditors will look to non-bankruptcy law in order to satisfy their claims.

In other words it very complicated.

Thinking of our colleagues in CHC :)
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
100ft
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby 100ft » Fri May 6 2016, 01:55

It would be a strange twist if they get bought by HNZ. Canadian helicopters back together again.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Thu Feb 1 2018, 18:17

Super Puma crash investigation Norway results,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZbTN6p ... e=youtu.be

Regards,
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Thu Feb 1 2018, 22:47

Gonsky wrote:Super Puma crash investigation Norway results,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZbTN6p ... e=youtu.be

Regards,

That’s an Airbus propaganda video isn’t it?
“Finding out what happened that day has been Airbus Helicopters number one priority.”

Maybe their number two priority, after their attempts to blame maintenance engineers failed. It would, in my opinion, be irrational to believe anything that Airbus Helicopters say now.

Whatch that video carefully. The facts they admit to include not knowing why the failures (G-REDL and LN-OJF) occurred. The previous catastrophe, fatal, failure, G-REDL, was almost identical (referred to as “some similarities” in the video). After the previous failure AH also claimed they had fixed the problem. (Relocating magnets? in the transmission and increasing the inspection regime.)

Fool me once......

Return to “I heard...”