NZ Helicopter Crash

Need a hand? Try the *Forum FAQ* link at the top. Failing that, post a question here.
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

NZ Helicopter Crash

Postby Hello Pilots » Fri Feb 6 2015, 06:31

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11397781

By the sounds of the last paragraph spoken by his boss, and "having been in the industry a long time", Mr Andrews doesn't quite know what pilot error means. pop;
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: NZ Helicopter Crash

Postby Heliduck » Fri Feb 6 2015, 20:12

Glad he's ok, but there's so much wrong with the way this article is put together I just can't help myself -

"There wasn't a mechanical failure on the helicopter the way I see it. I pretty well know there wasn't ... and honestly it wasn't pilot error either." - If we rule out those 2 I think we've discovered a new way to crash helicopters!!

"He said he wasn't able to reveal the cause of the crash just yet, as a formal investigation was underway." - Oooooo k, maybe this is a good time to shut up then, but wait -

"Yeah, he just was loading the bucket out of the river and the river was flowing pretty fast and it pulled the bucket back and one of the ropes hooked around the back of his skid and he couldn't keep up with it," he told Radio New Zealand.
"Plan twice...Fly once"
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Fri Feb 6 2015, 21:33

But the media still prints it.....................
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
HHunt
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby HHunt » Tue Feb 10 2015, 05:57

apparently an as350 b3 nearly ended up in there too according to a friend of mine that was flying there
aldee
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby aldee » Tue Feb 10 2015, 18:01

Would that be the dark red one HH ?

Return to “How do I...”