R66 Endoresement

Need a hand? Try the *Forum FAQ* link at the top. Failing that, post a question here.
Helimad

R66 Endoresement

Postby Helimad » Fri Aug 6 2010, 01:50

Wondering if anybody knows of anyone doing endorsements for the R66 yet. If so where abouts and how much??
Mag seal
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: R66 Endoresement

Postby Mag seal » Fri Aug 6 2010, 02:02

I think it's still to be certified, so the only place it's flying is out of the factory in LA.

Check the Robinson webpage as it may have better information. Another idea is to call Helibiz or Heliflite and ask when they expect delivery and when will they start doing endorsements.

I
Deer Culler

R44 Corrosion

Postby Deer Culler » Tue Aug 10 2010, 00:28

Most owners of Robinson helicopters would be aware that the factory stopped using standard undercoat treatments due to California enviromental law considerations a few years ago.Consequently very few aircraft built after 2003 do not exhibit some form of corrosion. On the tail boom there is no protection at all where each section joins and is riveted. Every 44 that I know personally (5)including my own has had corrosion. Nothing short of a complete strip and repaint will fix it. You spot fix one section and six months later another one surfaces. Even if Frank would sell the aircraft unpainted at least we could get a proper job done here but of course thats not allowed. The % of failures must be very high, I wonder why it hasn't become an issue with CASA. :x
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: R66 Endoresement

Postby skypig » Tue Aug 10 2010, 01:00

In this day and age the corrosion problems in Robinson helicopters are inexcusable.

Combine that with the blade failures and the Warranty/Service/Communication issues and you find a heap of people wishing there was a closer alternative.

The R66 will have to have a significant price advantage to succeed. You’d have to expect your brand new one to corrode quickly, need the blades replaced and have your messages to the factory regarding these issues go unanswered.

Eurocopters arrive in country “green” and get painted properly here. Sounds like an option for Robinson, assuming RHC even care.

Sky "I'd hate to be rich enough to afford an R44, but not an EC120" Pig 8) 8)

Return to “How do I...”