CareFlight

Need a hand? Try the *Forum FAQ* link at the top. Failing that, post a question here.
NZHelo
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

CareFlight

Postby NZHelo » Thu May 31 2018, 23:21

havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: CareFlight

Postby havick » Fri Jun 1 2018, 01:08

Thought they were tied up with the Blackhawk acquisition from overseas and had Helitech on QLD overhauling them? BK117’s and B2 squirrels now? Or was the Blackhawk tie up with the QLD based Careflight?
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Fri Jun 1 2018, 02:17

"not for profit".

I don't think so..........................
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
NZHelo
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby NZHelo » Fri Jun 1 2018, 02:26

They could be grooming for the Black Hawk co-seat perhaps?
As per usual rediculous minimum requirements.
Toppy

Postby Toppy » Fri Jun 1 2018, 10:51

havick wrote:Thought they were tied up with the Blackhawk acquisition from overseas and had Helitech on QLD overhauling them? BK117’s and B2 squirrels now? Or was the Blackhawk tie up with the QLD based Careflight?

In Queensland the Lifeflight guys are maintaining the blackhawks at Archerfield I heard
kiwiflyer
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby kiwiflyer » Fri Jun 1 2018, 18:59

maybe just maybe Careflight have taken over the RFS contract to run the BKs and the B2 squirrel that Heli Trek has been doing since the RFS bought there first machine.
I too am a bit confused with the not for profit statement as well.
Blade
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Blade » Sat Jun 2 2018, 09:32

Careflight is in NSW
Lifeflight is in Qld and use to be known as Careflight.
Blackhawks Starflight which is associated with Lifeflight.
Careflight looking for BK & 350 pilots for a fire contract.
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Sat Jun 2 2018, 10:39

From the Careflight website -
“As a charity we rely on community support to continue our vital work. “

So is a charity competing directly with commercial operators for NAFC contracts?
"Plan twice...Fly once"
BBwantok
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby BBwantok » Sat Jun 2 2018, 20:56

"So is a charity competing directly with commercial operators for NAFC contracts?"

You mean like SLSA having the Qld police contract... ;)
SKIDBITA
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SKIDBITA » Mon Jun 4 2018, 11:46

It will be a commercial contract run to support the charity organisation, not a charity undercutting other operators, the profits will benefit the charity...
Don't have a whinge, i'm sure anyone could have put in for the tender, I'm sure they didn't go in cheap!!
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Mon Jun 4 2018, 21:56

Kind of like the “Church” of scientology claiming to be a church yet makes a sh|t ton of money and avoid paying taxes all the while buying up prime real estate worldwide.
SKIDBITA
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SKIDBITA » Tue Jun 5 2018, 12:28

Just like all religions!!!
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Tue Jun 5 2018, 21:26

SKIDBITA wrote:I'm sure they didn't go in cheap!!

That’s the concern. For example, let’s say a commercial operator needs $1 million to provide a service but a charity organisation can tender $800,000 & make up the difference with donations. That doesn’t pass my “pub test” if the service being tendered for isn’t the same service that the donations were raised for. Imagine someone like McDermotts tendering for a fire contract, they need to be commercially viable versus Careflight/lifeflight/chuchflight/scientologyflight who just need to pass the hat around a few more times. If McDermotts(in this example) had access to the donated funds as well then that would be fair. Sounds like an absolute clusterf#*%!

If anyone with factual knowledge of how this all works could share the rules I’d appreciate it, I’m not in the loop but from the outside looking in it’s a bit suspect.
"Plan twice...Fly once"
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby NEWBIE » Tue Jun 5 2018, 21:49

It really comes down to the end use of the funds,

If additional funds are being used to fund additional hours of EMS for the community= good

If additional is going to Managment/board bonuses =bad

And from the stand point of a person who owns a buisness and a NFP charity (ex military/EMS support) the playing field is slanted 15-37% due to tax/ banking/wage breaks, so a reduction larger then alot of commercial margins.

Just my 0 05 AED
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Thu Jun 7 2018, 02:26

In toowoomba I was told by one of the lifeflite crews that the crew houses were owned by one of the directors and were leasing the houses back to lifeflite at 3-4 times the going rate of the same/similar rentals next door. I have no idea if this is true or not, but if so, then that’s just one of many ways how money is pulled out.
ballslapper
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby ballslapper » Thu Jun 7 2018, 04:38

In toowoomba I was told by one of the lifeflite crews that the crew houses were owned by one of the directors and were leasing the houses back to lifeflite at 3-4 times the going rate of the same/similar rentals next door. I have no idea if this is true or not, but if so, then that’s just one of many ways how money is pulled out.

Good to see the same old stuff regurgitated in reference to non for profits (I don’t work for any of them ....any more). Havick, don’t know where you got your info but that is absolute crap.

CHPs .... bid for commercial work and yes there are many aspects of that ‘charity’ aspect that be leveraged off - but - those profits do largely go back into the operation ( in say LifeFlights case... the community rescue helicopters). The Toowoomba base as an example were operating with NVGs well before there was any contractual obligation .... commercial contracts helped that occur (were your AH mates at Oakey using NVGs at the same time?). In fact the Toowoomba base operated for some time without any government money at all! I could go on but let’s at least balance this discussion.

Cheers

Balls
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Thu Jun 7 2018, 09:56

ballslapper wrote:

Good to see the same old stuff regurgitated in reference to non for profits (I don’t work for any of them ....any more). Havick, don’t know where you got your info but that is absolute crap.

CHPs .... bid for commercial work and yes there are many aspects of that ‘charity’ aspect that be leveraged off - but - those profits do largely go back into the operation ( in say LifeFlights case... the community rescue helicopters). The Toowoomba base as an example were operating with NVGs well before there was any contractual obligation .... commercial contracts helped that occur (were your AH mates at Oakey using NVGs at the same time?). In fact the Toowoomba base operated for some time without any government money at all! I could go on but let’s at least balance this discussion.

Cheers

Balls

Ok I’ll take your word for it. Simply repeating what I was told by two of the crew staying in the Crew house at the time. Like i said I have no idea if there was truth to it or not. I just see no reason why the crew who told me had any reason to misrepresent the information at all.
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yakking » Mon Jun 11 2018, 09:46

Blade wrote:Careflight is in NSW
Lifeflight is in Qld and use to be known as Careflight.
Blackhawks Starflight which is associated with Lifeflight.
Careflight looking for BK & 350 pilots for a fire contract.

Clear as mud:-)
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
zipp
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby zipp » Tue Jun 12 2018, 07:04

Can someone help me out with this?

Who would be a good contact for this position? Can’t see any details in add to call.

What do people think is a good remunaration package for this role or does anyone know what is being offered?
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Tue Jun 12 2018, 07:53

It doesn’t give you any details to call in the add only apply online if you meet the requirements.
Have you tried calling their office?. They might possibly just tell you to apply online and if you get an interview you can ask questions at that time.
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"

Return to “How do I...”