VET FEE HELP??

Ask a question. Post an answer. Learn something!
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

VET FEE HELP??

Postby Rotorpilot » Fri Mar 4 2011, 06:24

Does anyone know of any Helicopter flight school has been approved for VET FEE HELP?
:?
Dem winds are gonna blow
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Re: VET FEE HELP??

Postby black duck » Fri Mar 4 2011, 09:20

Mate with 7 horses, 6 goats , 4 chooks, 3 dogs, almost 2 kids and a wife! :( I could do with a little vet fee help myself!!! :shock:
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Fri Mar 4 2011, 10:22

..........and I forgot to mention, the partridge in the frigging pear tree! well it would have been if the bloody goats hadn't got there first! )c/ Flamin' place makes "green acres" look good!! at least that had Eva Gabors ti.........no can't say that........bugger! )c/
[sorry about the thread theft old mate :oops: ]
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Fri Mar 4 2011, 10:26

and to think I let you go to Avalon by yourself, :roll: but the good news is "green and soggy acres" will be waiting when you get past drooling over all the fixed and rotary wing aircraft within 200klm of melbourne. :lol:
A good idea needs landing gear as well as wings to get off the ground.
Tony Carmody
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Tony Carmody » Sat Mar 5 2011, 04:48

RP

I've been out of the VET training system working at Qld State and national levels for about 12 months and back then the Fee help was only for Diploma and Advanced Diploma training which articulated into a university course if the student wanted to go further. (Not sure about Vic as it seemed to have rules of its own at times!)

For example the Cert IV in the training package which is the CPL did not then attract fee help.

I'm just about to work on an aviation Diploma VET fee help training program for a Qld company using my Uni links so will update you in a couple of weeks when I get into it if the reply hasn't been posted by then.

Safe flying.

Tc :)
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Sat Mar 5 2011, 06:15

black duck wrote:Mate with 7 horses, 6 goats , 4 chooks, 3 dogs, almost 2 kids and a wife! :( I could do with a little vet fee help myself!!! :shock:

BD, the single most expensive item you have in your 'ark' is the 'solo' item that is of the wife species. Whilst the lowest in number, definitely the highest consumer as far as money is concerned. Personally, I think you should make some side cash by making mortadella from the horses, trade the missus in for a few more goats or perhaps a larger coup of chickens and only keep the dogs if they can catch snakes, do tricks and fetch slippers and newspapers. The returns on the goats/chooks might be low, but at least you'll get one! :lol:

And before anyone gets a little feminist or PC with me, I know these people and I know 'she' knows I am right. Don't make me argue the pro's and con's of farm animals vs significant other.

Back on topic, not aware of any fee help for budding CPL students, unless of course you are in NZ, then it's a whole different ball game.
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Sat Mar 5 2011, 08:12

FerrariFlyer wrote:
black duck wrote:Mate with 7 horses, 6 goats , 4 chooks, 3 dogs, almost 2 kids and a wife! :( I could do with a little vet fee help myself!!! :shock:

BD, the single most expensive item you have in your 'ark' is the 'solo' item that is of the wife species. Whilst the lowest in number, definitely the highest consumer as far as money is concerned. Personally, I think you should make some side cash by making mortadella from the horses, trade the missus in for a few more goats or perhaps a larger coup of chickens and only keep the dogs if they can catch snakes, do tricks and fetch slippers and newspapers. The returns on the goats/chooks might be low, but at least you'll get one! :lol:

And before anyone gets a little feminist or PC with me, I know these people and I know 'she' knows I am right. Don't make me argue the pro's and con's of farm animals vs significant other.

Back on topic, not aware of any fee help for budding CPL students, unless of course you are in NZ, then it's a whole different ball game.

:P Ferrari, clearly you have never owned a horse :lol: My cost and upkeep pales considerably beside just one of them :D I think an EC135 is even cheaper to run annually. :?

sadly though after a tragic accident this morning it is now 6 horses not 7. :cry:
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Sun Mar 6 2011, 12:24

Does that mean you are going to get an EC135 now? Ahem, I mean sorry to hear about your horse...
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Mon Mar 7 2011, 02:59

helothere wrote:Does that mean you are going to get an EC135 now? Ahem, I mean sorry to hear about your horse...

There is a couple of serious issues with the EC135 that will exclude it from the "assets" list. 1/ it's not old, 2/ it does not require copious repair and restoration and 3/ its actually works!!! Sound advise too FF, the only fault is your spelling.....'ark' requires an 'F' in front of it!! :D
Yeah sad thing about the horse, she was cut up, had him over 20 years, since he was a foal.
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Mon Mar 7 2011, 07:19

on the Contrary, I was thinking of starting a "contribute to Pegs new EC135" fund, all donations gratefully accepted, except children, those will be returned. :D
how about a donation to get us started FF? Will have a good home, be well fed.... errr well you get the idea, besides we got to have one thing in the fleet that actually works............. :lol:
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Mon Mar 14 2011, 06:15

Tony Carmody wrote:RP

I've been out of the VET training system working at Qld State and national levels for about 12 months and back then the Fee help was only for Diploma and Advanced Diploma training which articulated into a university course if the student wanted to go further. (Not sure about Vic as it seemed to have rules of its own at times!)

For example the Cert IV in the training package which is the CPL did not then attract fee help.

I'm just about to work on an aviation Diploma VET fee help training program for a Qld company using my Uni links so will update you in a couple of weeks when I get into it if the reply hasn't been posted by then.

Safe flying.

Tc :)

Thanks for the reply. :D (the only sensible responce ive received. :? )

Ive contacted a few schools but none of them have been approved.
Chopperline are the only company that i know of that have applied, but they are still waiting to hear back if they have been approved.
Im currently doing Cert IV at TAFE in Sydney (fixed wing) then will transfer to Heli's later an do the Diploma. (back in QLD)
Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you. :)
Dem winds are gonna blow
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Wed Jan 4 2012, 10:38

Still no vocational education training fee help for choppers!
Dem winds are gonna blow
Rick_B

Postby Rick_B » Wed Jan 4 2012, 19:49

no there isn't rotor.
Adzy

Postby Adzy » Mon Jan 14 2013, 08:23

Bumpity bump on an old post. :D
Any Updates?
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Mon Jan 14 2013, 08:34

yeah, we are now upto 26 horses and counting, vet fees still to expensive :P :P
bl@ckers
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby bl@ckers » Mon Jan 14 2013, 21:48

Thankfully no VET FEE HELP! Just what we need another 5,000 low time pilots every year! Hopefully the government is sensible enough not to go down this path!!
JONNOS
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby JONNOS » Sat Feb 2 2013, 10:41

Rotor pilot, unsure if u have organised anything yet but check the flight training Adelaide. Saw something about vet there recently. Don't know much about it myself but hopefully this is of use to you
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Sat Feb 2 2013, 23:48

Thanks JONNOS
I have already spoken to Flight Training Adelaide and they said they dont offer it for the CPL H because it is a more expensive platform, ??
dont understand why i cant just use the $$ for flight training only, as ive got CPL exams done and a Cert iv Aviation (fixed) so can RPL so i just need the hours. :lol: like everyone eh?

got three fixed-wing mates flying for $ because of Fee Help and im still saving and i had the exams done before them. PAINFULL )c/
Dem winds are gonna blow
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Tue Mar 31 2015, 21:04

Bump
Dem winds are gonna blow
Towers

Postby Towers » Tue Mar 31 2015, 23:42

Rotorpilot wrote:Does anyone know of any Helicopter flight school has been approved for VET FEE HELP?
:?

Return to “Helicopter Q&A”