CEP Kits

Ask a question. Post an answer. Learn something!
wocawoca
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

CEP Kits

Postby wocawoca » Thu Nov 26 2015, 22:53

Hi all,
Who supplies the CEP Kit?.
bl@ckers
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: CEP Kits

Postby bl@ckers » Fri Nov 27 2015, 01:28

I believe Helothere sells them on this site or give Red Baron ALSE a call
Airthrush

Postby Airthrush » Wed Apr 19 2017, 13:40

Just payed for a set and was wondering , how long does it take to post.

Cheers
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Wed Apr 19 2017, 21:05

wocawoca wrote:Hi all,

Look at the helo chais. Similar to CEP's but far more robust.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
angrypalmtree
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby angrypalmtree » Thu Apr 20 2017, 01:58

havick wrote:
wocawoca wrote:Hi all,

Look at the helo chais. Similar to CEP's but far more robust.

+1 for that.
Airthrush

Postby Airthrush » Thu Apr 20 2017, 05:50

Thanks for the Heads up, However, I have payed for a CEP Kit from the Bladeslapper shop, a week ago. Have had no response since. No Idea if they have been posted or not.
BrendanBirse

Postby BrendanBirse » Sun Feb 4 2018, 01:09

G'day

Do these CEP kits fit to any headset? Is there a recommended headset to use? Who does the custom moulding ear pieces?

Cheers

Brendan
wotyaup2
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby wotyaup2 » Tue Feb 20 2018, 02:56

BrendanBirse wrote:G'day

Do these CEP kits fit to any headset? Is there a recommended headset to use? Who does the custom moulding ear pieces?

Cheers

Brendan

Yes they fit, I know two people that had CEP installed, one DC head set and one in another headset (can't remember type), one even had custom tips made while the other just ran the standard CEP. If your in WA, pm me and I can let you know who done my custom tips, think they cost about $70.
avlis90

Postby avlis90 » Thu Feb 22 2018, 00:38

Helo Chais is the way to go. Been through so many CEPs it’s ridiculous. You can get them from http://www.audiosculpt.com.au

Contact Scott Wallace. He is really helpful. He also has a contractor that does the custom mould ear plugs to suit Helo Chais
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Thu Feb 22 2018, 01:06

avlis90 wrote:Helo Chais is the way to go. Been through so many CEPs it’s ridiculous. You can get them from http://www.audiosculpt.com.au

Contact Scott Wallace. He is really helpful. He also has a contractor that does the custom mould ear plugs to suit Helo Chais

I second the above. My helo chais have been bomb proof and still going strong after multiple fire seasons. I would have gone through 3-4 sets of CEP’s in the same timeframe by now with wires breaking off or whatever.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Thu Feb 22 2018, 04:34

havick wrote:
avlis90 wrote:Helo Chais is the way to go. Been through so many CEPs it’s ridiculous. You can get them from http://www.audiosculpt.com.au

I second the above. My helo chais have been bomb proof and still going strong after multiple fire seasons. I would have gone through 3-4 sets of CEP’s in the same timeframe by now with wires breaking off or whatever.

From the audio sculpt website - "The Communicator (in development)
A simple device to allow aircrew to talk to passengers or ground staff outside the disk without having to remove their flight helmet. Simply plug the NATO connector from your helmet into the Communicator and engage in normal conversation without having to yell. "
WTF am I going to do with my hands if I'm not waving them around the place trying to explain to the ground crew what's going on?? Besides, it makes me feel better to yell.
"Plan twice...Fly once"

Return to “Helicopter Q&A”